“Pingyao Project Promotion” is a film financing platform for Chinese-language productions, designated to become a creative incubator and accelerator for new talents.
Pingyao Project Promotion (PPP) is part of the industy sections in the festival. This section focuses on scripts to discover promising film projects, meanwhile, seeking new potential filmmakers in China. The shortlisted projects will be provided with opportunities to meet the industry professionals of supplementary resources and financing platforms, thus to promote the project development.
The 4th Pingyao International Film Festival will take place from 10th to 19th October 2020 at the Pingyao ancient city in Shanxi, China.
The final list of selected projects will be announced in late September.
1. Feature film projects intended for theatrical release (not including animations or documentaries);
2. Chinese-language production, or co-production with China;
3. Any project that is not being produced before October 2020, which is under the script development;
4. Applicant MUST be the right owner of the submitted materials or is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the submitted materials;
5. Submitted projects are eligible to compete for all PPP official awards; MOMO Sky Screenplay Award are only required to submit full scripts; other awards are required to submit full scripts which are presented by producer and director, or by producer and screenwriter; the project should be the director’s first, second or third feature film;
6. Projects that have not participated in any other Chinese project market are preferred.
1. Application Form（ Download ）
1)Director’s biography and filmography (200 characters in Chinese or 90 words in English);
2)Producer’s biography and filmography (200 characters in Chinese or 90 words in English);
3)Production company profile (200 characters in Chinese or 90 words in English) (optional);
4)Scriptwriter’s biography and filmography (200 characters in Chinese or 90 words in English);
5)Logline (40 characters in Chinese or 20 words in English);
6)Synopsis (500 characters in Chinese or 180 words in English);
7)Director’s Statement (200 characters in Chinese, 110 words in English);
8)Director’s previous works (please submit online links and psswords to up to three feature or short films);
9)Expectation to achieve via the PPP platform.
2. Treatment (3000-5000 characters in Chinese or 1500-2500 words in English);
3. Development stage of the project (including budget planning) (300 characters in Chinese) (Optional for MOMO Sky Screenplay Award Application).
SHORLISTED PROJECT IS ALSO REQUIRED TO SUBMIT:
4. Full Script;
5. Test shootings (optional);
6. Production proposal (including budget sheet and shooting schedule) (optional);
HOW TO APPLY
1. Please submit the application form, the treatment and the other supporting materials as attachments to email@example.com;
2. In the submission email, please remark in the subject column: project title + contact (director, producer, or screenwriter)’s name + contact number;
3. The applicant MUST be the copyright owner of the submitted material, or is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the submitted materials;
4. Please make sure that the contact information is valid and correct;
5. Once receiving ALL required materials, PPP will reply an email to confirm that the application has been officially submitted;
6. All PPP submissions are free of charge;
7. Materials and information supplied will be treated as confidential and will be used for Pingyao International Film Festival – Pingyao Project Promotion (PYIFF-PPP) only.
1. Preliminary Selection:
PYIFF invites industry professionals as the Preliminary Jury to select 30 to 50 promising projects out of all applications based on submitted treatments and materials.
2. Semi-Final Selection
PYIFF will contact the selected projects and collect their full scripts and supporting materials. The Semi-Final Jury invited by PYIFF will review all materials and meet the projects representatives in person to make the final selection. The lineup of the finalists will be announced in late-September 2020.
3. Final Selection
PYIFF invites industry professionals as the Jury to evaluate the finalists and select the awards winners. The final selection phases include the PPP Presentation and One-on-One Meetings. The PPP Presentation is open to the juries, industry guests, and press, during which the projects representatives (limited to directors, screenwriters, or producers) are required to present the projects and answer questions in regards of the projects. The awards winners will be announced and awarded at Pingyao Night during PYIFF, who are required to attend the subsequent photo call and the press conference.
4. MOMO Sky Screenplay Award Selection:
MOMO Pictures will organize an independent jury panel to select a script that marks greatest investment potential from all full scripts submitted. The award winner will be announced and awarded at Pingyao Night during PYIFF, who is required to attend the subsequent photo call and the press conference.
MOMO Pictures holds the rights to decide the final result.
PRIVILEGES FOR SELECTED PROJECTS
1. Two representatives of the selected projects (limited to the director and the producer, or the screenwriter and the producer) will be officially invited to Pingyao International Film Festival as project guests to attend related events including the opening red carpet event;
2. Two representatives of the selected projects (limited to the director and the producer, or the screenwriter and the producer) will be offered the complimentary 10-night accommodation during PYIFF (10th -19th October 2020);
3. Selected projects will have the open presentation opportunity with the attendance of the juries, film financiers, industry guests, and the press, which will be promoted by PYIFF;
4. Selected projects will have the opportunity to meet and discuss with the PPP juries;
5. Selected projects will have the opportunities to meet potential buyers, distributors and festival programmers in private.
1. The finalists will be officially announced by PYIFF in late-September, 2020. Before the announcement, PYIFF will contact all selected projects via email or phone. Please ensure that the email address and phone number provided are correct and operational, and do update if your contact changes. PYIFF will not be held responsible for incorrect or outdated contact information included with your submission;
2. PYIFF will send letters of confirmation to the finalists via email. Applicants should reply by the deadline to confirm the finalist invitation and fill in the registration form. Selected project will be considered disqualified if fails to respond in time;
3. Once the applicants have officially confirmed their participation, they are required to fully collaborate with the organizer in order to better present the projects and could not withdraw from the competition for any reason;
4. At least one representative of each selected project is required to attend all the meetings and events organized by PPP. If none is able to attend, the project is considered disqualified from the finalist;
5. All services provided by PYIFF-PPP are free of charge. Once the selected project completes, it will be required to present the PYIFF-PPP logo in the opening or closing credits of the final film.
* Participation in PYIFF implies adherence to the regulations as here set out. PYIFF maintains the right to decide all cases not provided above.
PINGYAO PROJECT PROMOTION
Pingyao International Film Festival